Interesting look into Novo Holdings which ranks among the world’s most active life sciences investors.
Some highlights from the Sifted article:
● Novo Holdings fund made 33 new investments and 65 follow-on investments in life sciences companies in the last year with a total of $65bn under management.
● Novo Holdings has four parts that covers the stages of investments, Novo Seed, Novo Ventures, Novo Growth and Principal Investments.
● European life science investments get more and more attractive.
● However, one “thing that holds Europe back is management. Having a great CEO and management team is as important as the science.”
● “We are riding an incredible wave of [life science] innovation that started in 2011/12”